Monday, August 5, 2013

Tut the mouse

This is Tut, the mouse. I'm (Bridget) going to tell you the story up to when this picture was taken. 

So, it all started when we were watching a movie one night and daddy saw a mouse run behind the toilet in the bathroom. But of course, I saw one run across the floor another night before that and they didn't believe me! Well, when daddy saw that mouse, he made his own, not, expert trap:

Which didn't work. He thought that the mouse would climb up the bag and go for the cheese on the sponge and be heavy enough to fall into the pot of water. Ya right! In the morning, daddy checked the trap. All that was different was, the cheese was gone!!! And that is when daddy owed mommy 100 bucks. (They made a bet on what would happen). This led to making more homemade traps that all ended up with no mouse, and no cheese!

After that, we bought traps. And from those store bought traps, that say "kills", we got nothing, except for losing MORE cheese!!! So, we switched to peanut butter. And that worked! The only problem was, we killed the mommy. That meant that there were babies! 

The next morning, mommy heard squeaking. Daddy just said that it was a bird outside, but mommy did not agree. So, she got up and followed the noise. This led her to the driver's seat window. And then a LOUD scream! Which woke me up. This is what she screamed about:
We are not sure how this baby mouse got in this position or why it was like that, and daddy still can't figure it out.

I, being a ten year old girl, thought that the mouse, out of the window, was very cute. It was shivering and squeaking. And then, I started crying because I didn't want to leave it outside in the freezing cold. So mommy, also thinking that the mouse was adorable, gave me her old dish towel and told me that I could wrap the baby mouse in it so that it could stay warm outside. This had been the day we left Yellowstone and the Grand Teton's, so I had to leave it there. I said to mommy, "if we are leaving today then I will not be able to keep the towel with the mouse which means the mouse will not stay warm", then mommy said that I could leave the dish towel around the mouse. She said that we have more towels and that the towel will be more helpful for the mouse than it is for her. 

Then, mommy took the picture. I went outside with the warm rag wrapped around Tut, and lay it next to the log pile at our campsite. I was very happy that mommy let me use her rag and I hope that the baby mouse can grow up to live a good life. Hopefully if there were more babies, they got out by themselves because we haven't caught, seen or heard anything since :)

Thanks everyone for letting me share my story with you. Bye!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment